Now Optimized for Mobile
We have redesigned the IEEE-UFFC website to be optimized for mobile devices. Try it out!
- The UFFC Nominations Committee has announced the names of the newly elected members of AdCom. They will serve a three year term beginning Jan 1, 2014. They are: Jan Henrik Kuypers (Ultrasonics), Ronald G. Polcawich (Ferroelectrics), Kurt Gibble (Frequency Control), and Ken-Ya Hashimoto (Regions 8-10 representative). Congratulations and welcome to the new members!!! (posted November 11, 2013)
- An Administrative Assistant has been appointed to provide various services for the UFFC-S. She is Jennifer Roland. Her responsibilities will include Membership and Administrative duties such as liaison with the IEEE, correspondence and maintenance of records of members, assistance with various UFFC officers and activities, etc. She will also provide Conference and Meeting Planning Services. (posted October 3, 2013)
- The AdCom Committee minutes of the April 2013 meeting in Miami are now posted on the Publications Page (posted 28 August 2013).
- The AdCom Committee members and their photographs are now posted on our website. (posted January 3, 2013)
- Access the IEEE Memberships and Subscriptions Catalog: https://www.ieee.org/membership-catalog/index.html (posted June 20, 2012).
- Check our Calendar page to view Symposia and Committee Meeting deadlines (posted May 23, 2012)
- A Twitter site named "IEEE_UFFC_Soc" has been opened. To post "tweets", please contact Sidney Lang. (Posted March 22, 2012)
- The UFFC logo has received a Trademark Registration. The symbol ® should be placed adjacent to the logo whenever it is used. (Posted March 5, 2012)
Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control is a Society of the IEEE, with an international membership of approximately 2200 technologists. Our technology is diverse today, with our common historical origins all traceable to the phenomenon of piezoelectricity.
Our field of interest includes theory, technology, materials, and applications relating to:
- The generation, transmission, and detection of ultrasonic waves and related phenomena.
- Medical ultrasound and associated technologies.
- Ferroelectric, piezoelectric, and piezomagnetic materials.
- Frequency generation and control, timing, and time coordination and distribution.
These technologies enable sophisticated medical diagnostics, improved sensors for industrial control, lead free electronic components, synchronization for telephony and data transport, and precision timing technology for Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
The UFFC is organized into three groups, as our name implies. We typically hold three symposia annually with an objective of strong collaborative interchange and a special focus on the students who study our technology. Some of the best minds in our community volunteer to teach at tutorials and short courses at these symposia.
A Greeting from the UFFC Society President
Greetings and Welcome...
The Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control Society is a Society of the IEEE, with an international membership of over 2200 technologists. The UFFC Society’s goal is to provide opportunities for technical development and technology advancement, through interdisciplinary technical meetings, tutorials, and networking opportunities related to our field of interest...
News & Related Events
- View the suggestions for submitting papers to the IEEE Transactions on UFFC (posted May 23, 2012)
- A Twitter page has been opened: @IEEE_UFFC_Soc. Announcements of deadlines for meetings, symposia, abstract submissions, etc. will be posted there. Sign up by clicking on the Twitter icon (posted May 23, 2012)
- Mike Driscoll (Northrop Grumman Corporation, Baltimore, MD, USA)
July 1, 2012 through December 31, 2013
"Low Noise Signal Generation and Verification Techniques"
- Takaaki Tsurumi (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
July 1, 2013 through December 31, 2014.
"Frequency and Field-intensity Dependence of Dielectric and Piezoelectric Responses of Oxide Ferroelectrics"
- Roman Maev (University of Windsor, Canada)
July 1, 2014 through December 1, 2015.
“Innovation Drives Quality: New Generation of High Resolution Ultrasonic Imaging Technology for Material Characterization and NDT in Advanced Automotive Manufacturing”
The Distinguished Lecturer Program is an important feature of UFFC. A Distinguished Lecturer is chosen at each Fall AdCom meeting
IEEE T-UFFC Announcements
Average time in 2013 from submission to first decision was 58 days and average time from submission to final decision was 69 days!!! The Impact Factor of IEEE T-UFFC has risen to 1.822
Was your paper in the IEEE T-UFFC one of the most frequently downloaded publications from IEEE Xplore last month? Check the list!!! It is updated on or about the 15th of every month.
Also see the Selected Articles
Join the LinkedIn Group: IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control Society
Participate in discussions and receive notifications of important events and deadlines
Access the UFFC Society sites on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Flickr. Please access these sites using the icons at the top right-hand side of this page. We welcome contributions to these sites. Please contact Sidney Lang.
IEEE UFFC Society Newsletter
Photographs from Recent Symposia
2014 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium
Chicago, Illinois, USA
September 3-6, 2014
2014 Joint IEEE International Symposium on the Applications of Ferroelectrics, International Workshop on Acoustic Transduction Materials and Devices & Workshop on Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (ISAF/IWATMD/PFM)
University Park, PA, USA
May 12-16, 2014
2014 IEEE Frequency Control Symposium
May 19-22, 2014
2015 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium
2015 IEEE International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics
2015 IEEE International Frequency Control Symposium
Denver, CO, USA
2013 Joint Symposia
Prague, Czech Republic
21-25 July 2013
2012 IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium (Dresden, Germany)
October 7-10, 2012
21st International Symposium on the Applications of Ferroelectrics (ISAF), 11th
European Conference on Applications of Polar Dielectrics (ECAPD) & International Symposium Piezoresponse Force
Microscopy and Nanoscale Phenomena in Polar Materials (PFM)
Aveiro, Portugal -- 2012
2012 IEEE International Frequency Control Symposium
Baltimore, Maryland, USA - May 21-24, 2012