Now Optimized for Mobile
We have redesigned the IEEE-UFFC website to be optimized for mobile devices. Try it out!
- The AdCom Committee minutes of the October 2012 meeting in Dresden are now posted on the Publications Page (posted 18 April 2013).
- The AdCom Committee members and their photographs are now posted on our website. (posted January 3, 2013)
- The 2013 IFCS awards nomination process is open until March 15, 2013. The nominations procedure and awards definitions are available at http://www.ieee-uffc.org/frequency-control/awards-descriptions.asp (posted January 3, 2013)
- Access the IEEE Memberships and Subscriptions Catalog: https://www.ieee.org/membership-catalog/index.html (posted June 20, 2012).
- Check our Calendar page to view Symposia and Committee Meeting deadlines (posted May 23, 2012)
- A Twitter site named "IEEE_UFFC_Soc" has been opened. To post "tweets", please contact Sidney Lang. (Posted March 22, 2012)
- The UFFC logo has received a Trademark Registration. The symbol ® should be placed adjacent to the logo whenever it is used. (Posted March 5, 2012)
Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control is a Society of the IEEE, with an international membership of approximately 2200 technologists. Our technology is diverse today, with our common historical origins all traceable to the phenomenon of piezoelectricity.
Our field of interest includes theory, technology, materials, and applications relating to:
- The generation, transmission, and detection of ultrasonic waves and related phenomena.
- Medical ultrasound and associated technologies.
- Ferroelectric, piezoelectric, and piezomagnetic materials.
- Frequency generation and control, timing, and time coordination and distribution.
These technologies enable sophisticated medical diagnostics, improved sensors for industrial control, lead free electronic components, synchronization for telephony and data transport, and precision timing technology for Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
The UFFC is organized into three groups, as our name implies. We typically hold three symposia annually with an objective of strong collaborative interchange and a special focus on the students who study our technology. Some of the best minds in our community volunteer to teach at tutorials and short courses at these symposia.
A Greeting from the UFFC Society President
Greetings and Welcome...
The Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control Society is a Society of the IEEE, with an international membership of over 2200 technologists. The UFFC Society’s goal is to provide opportunities for technical development and technology advancement, through interdisciplinary technical meetings, tutorials, and networking opportunities related to our field of interest...
News & Related Events
- New Transactions Editor-in-Chief
Effective January 31, 2013, Marjorie Passini Yuhas will be stepping down as Editor in Chief (EIC) for the Transactions (T-UFFC). EIC-Elect Steven Freear will assume the position of EIC for T-UFFC effective February 1. Marj has served as EIC since January 1, 2008, her dedication and selfless devotion to the T-UFFC significantly (posted 1 February 2013)
- View the suggestions for submitting papers to the IEEE Transactions on UFFC (posted May 23, 2012)
- A Twitter page has been opened: @IEEE_UFFC_Soc. Announcements of deadlines for meetings, symposia, abstract submissions, etc. will be posted there. Sign up by clicking on the Twitter icon (posted May 23, 2012)
- Mike Driscoll (Northrop Grumman Corporation, Baltimore, MD, USA)
July 1, 2012 through December 31, 2013
"Low Noise Signal Generation and Verification Techniques"
- Takaaki Tsurumi (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
July 1, 2013 through December 31, 2014.
"Frequency and Field-intensity Dependence of Dielectric and Piezoelectric Responses of Oxide Ferroelectrics"
- Roman Maev (University of Windsor, Canada)
July 1, 2014 through December 1, 2015.
“Innovation Drives Quality: New Generation of High Resolution Ultrasonic Imaging Technology for Material Characterization and NDT in Advanced Automotive Manufacturing”
The Distinguished Lecturer Program is an important feature of UFFC. A Distinguished Lecturer is chosen at each Fall AdCom meeting
IEEE T-UFFC Announcements
Was your paper in the IEEE T-UFFC one of the most frequently downloaded publications from IEEE Xplore last month? Check the list!!! It is updated on or about the 15th of every month.
Also see the Editor's Selection of Highly Cited Articles
Publish in the IEEE T-UFFC. Time from submission to acceptance in 2012 was only 83 days!!!
Nominations for President of UFFC for term 2016-2018
Information can be obtained from Mike Garvey. Nominations close at midnight on June 22, 2013.
Photographs from Recent Symposia
2013 Joint Symposia
Prague, Czech Republic
21-25 July 2013
2014 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium
Chicago, Illinois, USA
September 3-6, 2014
2014 IEEE International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics
University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
May 13-15, 2014
2014 IEEE Frequency Control Symposium
May 19-22, 2014
2012 IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium (Dresden, Germany)
October 7-10, 2012
21st International Symposium on the Applications of Ferroelectrics (ISAF), 11th
European Conference on Applications of Polar Dielectrics (ECAPD) & International Symposium Piezoresponse Force
Microscopy and Nanoscale Phenomena in Polar Materials (PFM)
Aveiro, Portugal -- 2012
2012 IEEE International Frequency Control Symposium
Baltimore, Maryland, USA - May 21-24, 2012