Now Optimized for Mobile
We have redesigned the IEEE-UFFC website to be optimized for mobile devices. Try it out!
Walter Guyton Cady Memorial Page
A page dedicated to the memory of Professor Cady has been added to the UFFC website
- The 2014 AdCom Committee members and their photographs are now posted on our website. (posted January 1, 2014)
- The UFFC Nominations Committee has announced the names of the newly elected members of AdCom. They will serve a three year term beginning Jan 1, 2014. They are: Jan Henrik Kuypers (Ultrasonics), Ronald G. Polcawich (Ferroelectrics), Kurt Gibble (Frequency Control), and Ken-Ya Hashimoto (Regions 8-10 representative). Congratulations and welcome to the new members!!! (posted November 11, 2013)
- An Administrative Assistant has been appointed to provide various services for the UFFC-S. She is Jennifer Roland. Her responsibilities will include Membership and Administrative duties such as liaison with the IEEE, correspondence and maintenance of records of members, assistance with various UFFC officers and activities, etc. She will also provide Conference and Meeting Planning Services. (posted October 3, 2013)
- Access the IEEE Memberships and Subscriptions Catalog: https://www.ieee.org/membership-catalog/index.html (posted June 20, 2012).
- Check our Calendar page to view Symposia and Committee Meeting deadlines (posted May 23, 2012)
- The UFFC logo has received a Trademark Registration. The symbol ® should be placed adjacent to the logo whenever it is used. (Posted March 5, 2012)
News & Related Events
- View the suggestions for submitting papers to the IEEE Transactions on UFFC (posted May 23, 2012)
- A Twitter page has been opened: @IEEE_UFFC_Soc. Announcements of deadlines for meetings, symposia, abstract submissions, etc. will be posted there. Sign up by clicking on the Twitter icon (posted May 23, 2012)
- Takaaki Tsurumi (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
July 1, 2013 through December 31, 2014.
"Frequency and Field-intensity Dependence of Dielectric and Piezoelectric Responses of Oxide Ferroelectrics"
- Roman Maev (University of Windsor, Canada)
July 1, 2014 through December 1, 2015.
“Innovation Drives Quality: New Generation of High Resolution Ultrasonic Imaging Technology for Material Characterization and NDT in Advanced Automotive Manufacturing”
The Distinguished Lecturer Program is an important feature of UFFC. A Distinguished Lecturer is chosen at each Fall AdCom meeting
A Tribute to Jackie Hines, 2012-2013 President
I would like to thank Jackie Hines, the 2012-2013 President of the IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society (UFFC-S), for her contributions during her tenure as President.
Under her leadership, the society continues to thrive. In 2012, three successful symposia were held. In 2013, a joint conference to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the UFFC-S was held successfully in Prague, Czech Republic. The UFFC-S website got a major face lift.
The society continues to maintain its healthy financial status and new technologies have been used in both the symposia and the Administrative Committee (AdCom) meetings.
Jackie will continue to serve the UFFC-S in different roles as the UFFC-S Nominations Chair and Junior Past President, 2014-2015. She will also be the Finance Chair of the 2014 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS).
Jackie, well done! On behalf of UFFC Society, I wish you all the best.
Jian-yu Lu, Ph.D., Fellow of IEEE
IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society (UFFC-S)
A Greeting from the IEEE UFFC Society President, Dr. Jian-yu Lu
Welcome from the Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control Society of the IEEE.
IEEE is the largest technical society in the world. It consists of more than 40 societies and councils with a membership over 400,000. The UFFC Society, with more than 2,000 members, is one of the IEEE societies.
IEEE T-UFFC Announcements
A Special Issue of the IEEE T-UFFC to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Allan Variance (1966-2016) is planned for publication early in 2016. The deadline for submission of manuscripts is December 2014. Prospective authors are requested to submit abstracts before the end of May 2014. Proposal description
Average time in 2013 from submission to first decision was 58 days and average time from submission to final decision was 69 days!!! The Impact Factor of IEEE T-UFFC has risen to 1.822
Was your paper in the IEEE T-UFFC one of the most frequently downloaded publications from IEEE Xplore last month? Check the list!!! It is updated on or about the 15th of every month.
Also see the Selected Articles
Join the LinkedIn Group: IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control Society
Participate in discussions and receive notifications of important events and deadlines
Access the UFFC Society sites on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Flickr. Please access these sites using the icons at the top right-hand side of this page. We welcome contributions to these sites. Please contact Sidney Lang.
IEEE UFFC Society Newsletter
Photographs from Recent Symposia
2014 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium
Chicago, Illinois, USA
September 3-6, 2014
2014 Joint IEEE International Symposium on the Applications of Ferroelectrics, International Workshop on Acoustic Transduction Materials and Devices & Workshop on Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (ISAF/IWATMD/PFM)
University Park, PA, USA
May 12-16, 2014
2014 IEEE Frequency Control Symposium
May 19-22, 2014
2015 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium
2015 IEEE International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics
2015 Joint IEEE International Frequency Control Symposium and European Frequency and Time Forum
Colorado Convention Center
Denver, CO, USA
April 13-15 with tutorials on April 12
2013 Joint Symposia
Prague, Czech Republic
21-25 July 2013
2012 IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium (Dresden, Germany)
October 7-10, 2012
21st International Symposium on the Applications of Ferroelectrics (ISAF), 11th
European Conference on Applications of Polar Dielectrics (ECAPD) & International Symposium Piezoresponse Force
Microscopy and Nanoscale Phenomena in Polar Materials (PFM)
Aveiro, Portugal -- 2012
2012 IEEE International Frequency Control Symposium
Baltimore, Maryland, USA - May 21-24, 2012